The material on this website is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters of interest.
This website and the information contained within it, is subject to continuous change and although we attempt to ensure the content is correct and current we do not guarantee its currency nor correctness due to delays, errors and omissions which may occur.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Building Trades Australia takes no responsibility whatsoever to you or anyone else for any loss or damage suffered as a result of or in connection with the use of this website or any of its content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer viruses and any subsequent constructive loss which may occur. We recommend that prior to downloading any files, photos or articles, an appropriate virus check should be conducted.
Building Trades Australia provides links to other sites for your convenience, however we take no responsibility as to the accuracy or currency of information on those sites. We do not endorse any information, goods or services referred to within the sites and our provision of links should not be taken to be an endorsement.
Building Trades Australia authorises printing of content for personal use only and, all other use, copying or reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law).
Collection of Statistical Information via our website
Our internet service provider makes a record of each visit to the web site. When you visit our website, the following information is logged for statistical purposes only:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded by you
- the previous site visited by you
- the type of browser used by you
Through this website Building Trades Australia endeavors to provide up-to-date and accurate information to prospective clients.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Building Trades Australia makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Building Trades Australia does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available or available at all; or
- the information on this website is up-to-date, complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any matters (e.g. legal, financial, medical, personal, professional, or otherwise) you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of Liability
Building Trades Australia will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss; or
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business
- relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
- These limitations of liability apply even if Building Trades Australia has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Building Trades Australia’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by Building Trades Australia’s negligence; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Building Trades Australia; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Building Trades Australia to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Building Trades Australia has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Building Trades Australia’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Building Trades Australia’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Building Trades Australia.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.