CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
University Articulation / Course Description
CQUniversity recognizes the successful completion of the CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction for six course credits towards the Bachelor of Construction Management degree. Information about the CQUniverity Bachelor of Construction management can be found by clicking HERE.
General information about CQUniversity can be found by clicking HERE
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with clients. The builder may also be the appropriately licenced person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licencing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
Combining a BTA Diploma of Building & Construction with a Certificate III in Carpentry or Bricklaying reduces the experience requirement for a BSA Builder – Medium Rise licence from 4 years to 2 years.
After achieving this qualification, candidates may undertake a range of Advance Diploma level of qualifications within the BSB07 Business Services Training Package, or other Training Packages.
Recognition of Prior Learning
This program is Online Training, Click here to learn more.
Units of Competency
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building projects
- CPCCBC4010A Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4013A Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5001B Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5002A Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction Projects
- CPCCBC5003A Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5010A Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5018A Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings
- BSBOHS504B Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG505A Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A Manage project risk
- CPCCBC5004A Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials
- CPCCBC5005A Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCSUS5001A Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBCUS501A Manage quality customer service
- BSBRSK501A Manage risk