CPC40912 – Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services
This qualification provides an outcome for:
- experienced fire operators with responsibility for project design and supervision (Fire services stream)
- experienced plumbing service operators with responsibility for project design and supervision (Air conditioning and mechanical services stream)
- plumbers who manage a plumbing business (Plumbing and services – Management stream)
- specialist plumbing services tradespersons and operators seeking to deepen their technical skills (Plumbing and services – Operations stream)
- specialist hydraulic consultants (Hydraulic services design stream).
Occupational titles may include:
- Plumbing contractor
- Fire services supervisor
- Air conditioning technician
- Specialist hydraulic designer.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this program; however appropriate experience in the building and construction industry as well as a basic knowledge of the BCA and other standards is required.
Assessment via interview and portfolio of evidence is available to participants with relevant workplace experience within building and construction environments.
There is no set duration. Duration is dependent on applicant knowledge, skills and experience levels.
Participants are required to undertake a number of assessment activities, including:
- Third-party assessment
- Competency conversation
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence.
- The pathway is:
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)
- Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction Management
Refer to the student handbook for details, inclusive of course information, student obligations, and services provided.
Mode of Delivery -Recognition of Prior Learning
Unit of competency
Vist https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CPC40912 for unit of competency details
How to get a builder’s or contractor licence or registration
To work as a builder or tradesperson in Australia you must have a licence or be registered (depending on your state or territory). A licence or registration may require a combination of technical qualification, experience, skills and knowledge prior to application. Read more
This is a licensed occupation. Check with relevant state and territory licensing and regulatory authorities. State and territory jurisdictions may have different regulatory requirements.
Entry Requirements: contact BTA